Community Emergency Services
When looking for a location to house the hounds, we quickly learned that our desires were to have the ability to live on the property with the hounds and have weekend visitors and guests arriving. In Los Angeles, this limits you to A2 zoning areas. Acton is one of the last areas available where you can have a legal and licensed kennel facility and live on the property as well. Many rescues are in the area and we all network together sharing resources and assisting in times of crisis.
Daphneyland has been able and privileged to extend community outreach to include the following to our local community:
- Distribution of large product donations
- Emergency blanket distributions for winter storm crisis
- Community Dog House donation program
- Temporary housing during fire evacuations to companion owners and networking rescue kennels
- Triage center for hoarding and abuse cases
Our emergency programs continue to expand and we are happy to announce the beginning of our Emergency Transport Shuttle Service. Once kennels are designed and manufactured for mounting in our shuttle, we will have the ability to pick up and help transport for many other rescue groups when crisis strikes!